This Page

has been moved to new address

Miscellany Monday

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Miscellany Monday

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

I love Mondays! I love reading all of your random thoughts and happenings.  I adore the lovely Carissa at lowercase letters,  who hosts this meme.  Won't you link up your randomness today?

{1}...Weight Loss.  So far, I've lost 14lbs. on my diet. It's been hard, but it's so worth it.  My clothes are fitting loser and pretty soon I will have to take up an offering so that I can afford to buy new clothes.  I suppose it's a good problem to have.  Pray for strength for me, I have another 20 days to go before I hit maintenance.

{2}...Laundry.  I finally folded the two baskets of laundry that have been sitting on my floor for over a week.  However, I now have two more full baskets of laundry to fold.  Laundry is like a merry-go-round.  It never stops.  Round and round I go.  Well, as my good friend Rachel will tell you, there is joy to be found in this seemingly mundane task.  I am going to make a point to look for it while I am washing and drying.   Speaking of drying, I won Rachel's giveaway for these!  I am so excited!

{3}...Freedom.  Today at church was Freedom Sunday.  We took some time to pray for the issue of human trafficking and to educate and resource our congregation on what they could do to fight this issue.  I am especially interested in the subject of Fair Trade and how I, as a consumer, can make wise choices with the products I purchase.  Do you know anything about Fair Trade?  Do you purchase any Fair Trade products?  I know there are two sides of this subject, so please give me any "positive" feedback you would like to share.  I am excited to be volunteering soon with an organization that provides Fair Trade products, many of which were made by woman rescued out of human trafficking.

{4}...Japan.  I have been in prayer over the last few days for our brothers and sisters in Japan. I cannot fathom what they must be going through in the aftermath of the earthquake and Tsunami.  Please remember to keep Japan in your prayers!

{5}...Scripture.  I leave you with this scripture: 
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen
(Ephesians 3:16-21).
Happy Monday my lovelies!

Labels: