This Page

has been moved to new address

Glimpses of Beauty - Multitude Mondays

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
My Freshly Brewed Life: Glimpses of Beauty - Multitude Mondays

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Glimpses of Beauty - Multitude Mondays


Glimpse:  A momentary or partial view.

Beauty does not always come to us in it's complete state.  Sometimes it comes in glimpses.  It's only when we continue to glimpse in the direction of what we can already see that beauty is revealed in it's fullness.  I am reminded of this verse:
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.  (1 Corinthians 13:12 NLT)
The beauty of Christ, and all that He offers to us, is seen through our imperfect eyes.  We simply will not always see it with our natural eyes.  It takes spiritual eyes to see, knowledge and understanding.  This week I have been asking God to open my eyes to truly see this beauty that surrounds me.  My eyes see in part, incompletely.  Yet I keep looking.

It's been a busy week for me.  But I have purposed in my heart to catch glimpses.  Even while running in different directions, His beauty is still there.  And when I catch those glimpses, they are planting seeds in my heart.  And as I am faithful to cultivate that which I can already see, the beauty is soon revealed for what it truly is. 

In glimpses, I continue counting:

36.  My Monday days off so that I can volunteer with Trade As One to help fight the cause of Human Trafficking.
37. The gift of multi-tasking.  I have become quite good at it. 
38.  My Willow Store dryer balls that I won on Rachel's blog.  Anything that cuts down my laundry time is a gift!
39.  The smell of fresh air after the rain.
40.  Glimpses of spring sprouting up in my front yard
41.  Negative Strep tests for both my son and I last week.
42.  Glimpses of heaven.  Thank you Corey Russell for giving me a greater glimpse into the throne room this weekend.
43.  A warm cup of tea on a cold day.
44.  A full nights sleep without children waking up.
45.  The laughter of my children in between bites of breakfast, although we might be late for school.
46.  A glimpse of the sun peeking through stormy clouds.  God brings hope.
47.  My crock pot.  Makes cooking easy.
48.  A glimpse of the dove that has made her nest in our front yard.  Spring is coming.
49.  My housekeeping husband.  When I fall behind, he gets the job done.
50.  My tender heart before the Lord today.  May it never grow stale or cold.

What are you thankful for today? Link up with us at A Holy Experience or leave me a comment letting me know.

Labels: , ,